How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Steve Your Own Question
Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1663
Experience:  Medical Doctor (MD): Board-Certified Family Doctor
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Steve is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Poison Ivy on private parts; what is the treatment?

Customer Question

I have poison ivy on my penis and how do I treat it? The same as if it were on any other part of my body? Can I use Vaseline on my penis and wrap it with gauss so I don''t irritated it further when I walk?

Thank You
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 9 years ago.


I recommend CALADRYL Lotion [calamine plus benadryl combination, available OTC], in small amounts, 2-3x/day; if you blow-dry it dries quickly.

However, if the rash is widespread or involves the glans [head] penis, then I recommend you see an MD for prescription meds such as an oral steroid taper.

Take care.

Best Wishes for Your Health

--Dr. Steve, M.D./FABFP (Your Online Family Doctor)