Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have flesh colored bumps on my vagina, nothing inside,

just on the outside. theyre...
I have flesh colored bumps on my vagina, nothing inside, just on the outside. theyre flesh colored, some are raised, almost like you can flick them side to side and the others are just raised, almost mole like. when i shave i cut them and they bleed pretty bad but never come off. they do not hurt unless i press on them. any idea what they could be? skin tags maybe? how would i get rid of them?
1/16/2008
Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert

Does it appear to be like photo 1 or 2?

Photo 1 click here

Photo 2

Thanks

Reply to Lindie's Post: HI LINDIE- ITS MORE LIKE PHOTO 1, JUST NOT SO MANY! MAYBE 7 TOTAL AND NOT ALL IN THE SAME SPOTS. THANKS!

Photo 1 is skin tags. However, keep in mind I'm not there to see in person. So at this point, I would follow up with your doctor or even a dermatologist. This way you can confirm 100% they are skin tags. Since you have 7 in this area, you may need to have them removed. Especially since they bleed. I would also suggest no more shaving, as if they are bleeding, then it's an open sore and infection could occur.

So confirm with an in person evaluation and wear cotton panties so the area can also breath. As if they are skin tag, you can't remove them yourself.

Reply to Lindie's Post: SO THERE IS NO WAY TO REMOVE THEM MYSELF? I SAW ON A WEBSITE AN OIL THAT WILL SUPPOSEDLY REMOVE THEM BY APPLYING THIS OIL. ITS A NATURAL OIL.
http://www.amoils.com/skin-tags-removal.html?gclid=CLn9xq77-ZACFQIQFQodeEsy2A
DO YOU THINK THIS WOULD WORK TO GET RID OF THEM? ALSO HOW DOES ONE GET THESE? I KINDA KNEW I HAD TO SEE A DOCTOR BUT THOUGHT MAYBE I CAN DO SOMETHING TO GET RID OF THEM. WHY DO THEY BLEED WHEN THEY GET CUT? IM NOT TRYING TO CUT THEM OFF, THEYRE JUST IN THE WAY WHEN I SHAVE. THANK YOU!

I can't comment on the oil you indicate as it's nothing that is approved by the FDA. So it's not tested.

Skin tags are common, benign over-growths of skin that some people are more prone to than others. There is no actual cause for them to occur. The safest way for them to be removed is by your physician. Which are generally cut off, or some may need freezing or burned off. This is not something that should be done at home, as infection could occur or possible bleeding. They bleed because they have blood supply to them.

Reply to Lindie's Post: OK THANKS~ LAST QUESTION! I READ THAT SKIN TAGS ARE CAUSED BY A FEW THINGS, ONE BEING THE Human Papilloma Virus. ISNT THAT SOME SORT OF UTERUS CANCER? AND DOES GETTING SKIN TAGS MEAN THAT THATS SOMETHING I SHOULD BE CHECKED FOR?

What you are talking about is Genital WARTS. There is a difference between skin tags and warts.

The first photo I had showed you above is a skin tag. The second photo I showed you is Genital warts.

HPV can cause genital warts. But there are several different types of HPV which another HPV strain can lead to cancer, but it most often treated before getting to that stage.

Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
THANK YOU LINDIE!
Lindie
Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert