Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
1189392

yes i have sharp shooting pains in my stomach up into the ...

yes i have sharp shooting pains in my stomach up into the center of my chest and around to my back what could this be ?

Can you please provide a detailed history so as to answer you in a better way .
Since how many days are you having these symptoms ?
Are you having pain in the middle of abdomen just below the ribs ?
Any associated nausea or vomiting ?
Any associated burning sensation ?
Any history of acid reflux ?
Does any specific food make the pain worse ?
Any other relevant medical history ?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have been having this for weeks now almost a month I often get heart burn. there is a burning sensation when i vomit which is not often but it happens.   At first is was just stuff that had really high acid in it now it seems like everything except bland dry food such as baked chicken and things like that.   I had acid reflux at one point and was diagnose with gastritis also I have multiple sclerosis and my gullbladder removed 2 years ago. the pain is in the mmiddle od the ribs and on the left side under the breast bone and goes up to middle of chest and into left side of back and up to throat like something is stuck

Well the symptoms are suggestive of gastritis /GERD .You need to be prescribed appropriate treatment including medicines for acid reflux apart from taking care of diet .
SInce diet can also worsen acid reflux .
Diet and GERD
Also since the pain is persistent and there is associated pain as well a gastroenterologist visit may also be considered and they may wanna advise an upper GI endoscopy to rule out any peptic ulcers .
Hope this helps