Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

How can i break my water at home instantly and go into labor

Customer Question

how can i break my water at home instantly and go into labor
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 9 years ago.
Customer

There is no way to break your water yourself as this requires specialized sterile equipment, and training. Any method that is used to induce labor, should only be used when your doctor states that your baby is at term, and ready to be born. Walking, eating spicy food, nipple stimulation, and sex with your partner (doctor permitting), with him ejaculating are recommended methods. Also visualization, accupuncture/accupressure- There are two points on your body that will cause uterine contractions. They are always warned against during pregnancy, though they are widely believed to be another labor inducing method that will not work if you are not already ready to deliver. These points are about four finger-widths above the inner ankle on your calf, and in the webbing between your thumb and forefinger. You will know when you've found the spot because it will be very sore. You rub your calf, or pinch the webbing on your hand, in a circular motion for 30-60 second at a time, taking 1-2 minute breaks in between.
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience: PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
well i feel that i paid you for an answer to my solution if i wanted the answer you had given me all i would of had to do is ask my own doctor to find that out we as pregnant women already know what you had told me i was looking for another answer on how to break your water safely or if you could take something to make your water break from home so no i was not satisfied with your answer
Customer

As I stated above, there is no way to break your water yourself. If you are at term and if it is ok with your doctor, there are things you can do to get labor going, but there is nothing you can do yourself to break your water since this involves sterilized instrumentation, and special training on how to do it properly.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 9 years ago.
As a physician, I would AGREE COMPLETLEY with Nurse Annie's answer.

There are serious risks associated with rupturing membranes EVEN WHEN DONE BY A PHYSICIAN - including hemorrhage (massive bleeding) and prolapse of the umbilical cord which can lead to lack of blood supply to the baby and INFANT DEATH.

I have added this posting to support her answer - please accept HER answer.