Andy R
Andy R, Pharm.D.
Experience:  Doctor of Pharmacy with 30 years of hospital experience, nursing school faculty
5537663

My glasses nosepads arecausing major pressure sores on my

Customer Question

My glasses nosepads arecausing major pressure sores on my face. I''ve had my glasses adjusted and tried nosepads of different materials, but I can''t fix it! I;ve worn glasses for years without this happening but it started last year and no one I''ve seen knows what to do. I can''t wear contacts anymore--I have optic neuritis from ms, and I don''t have any allergies that I know of. Help==the pressure sores are very painful and without Liquid Bandage painted on me, I couldn''t wear my flasses at all. Thank you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Andy R replied 9 years ago.

Customer,

Ask your doctor for a prescription for Xenaderm. It is an ointment used to relieve the symptoms and treat pressure sores. Try and keep your glasses off as much as possible to let these sores heal, the liquid bandage may actually be making the sores worse by sealing in moisture and bacteria.

• www.drugs.com/cdi/xenaderm-ointment.html
  • This site will give more information on Xenaderm.

• www.familydoctor.org/039.xml
  • this site will give more information on pressure sores.

Thanks

Andy R, Pharm.D.
    Experience: Doctor of Pharmacy with 30 years of hospital experience, nursing school faculty
    Customer: replied 9 years ago.
    Thank you so much for coming up with something. You explained your thinking and aspects of curing this problem, and believe me, no one else has. Thanks again.
    Expert:  Family Physician replied 9 years ago.
    I had similar problems when I was in the tropics for several years. I found that by simply changing to a different style of glasses that fit my nose - distributing the pressure better was very effective.