How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35069
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 29 year old Caucasian female experiencing problems.

This answer was rated:

I am a 29 year old Caucasian female experiencing problems. It started about a month and a half ago with what seemed like sciatica nerve problems. It has sense increased to tender to touch skin, painful muscle spasms, extreme fatigue, low grade fevers, and small blisters on fingers with red dots sometimes in them. I currently have no insurance and am from a family that only recieves monetary value through my husbands disability check once a month. Please, if you could give any advice on which type of doctor I need to pursue to help, and any clues as to what this may be, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.


The best specialist would be either a rheumatologist or clinical immunologist. I can understand what you say, but the diagnosis would entail quite a bit of immunological tests (blood work up) and some imaging studies. It is difficult to say about the diagnosis without a physical examination but mixed connective tissue disorder, lupus, fibromyalgia, lyme disease, rheumatoid arthritis, undifferentiated connective tissue disease, etc. would be in consideration.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia and other Health Specialists are ready to help you