How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SurgeonUK Your Own Question
SurgeonUK, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 214
Experience:  Surgeon in the UK. Qualified doctor.
Type Your Health Question Here...
SurgeonUK is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What makes fatty tissue hurt? I am having some sharp pains

Resolved Question:

What makes fatty tissue hurt? I am having some sharp pains in an area that is covered with a lot of fatty tissue. The pain does not seem to go behind the tissue but it is sharp and persistant.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  SurgeonUK replied 9 years ago.
Where is the pain?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to SurgeonUK's Post: pain in pubic area
Expert:  SurgeonUK replied 9 years ago.
Have you seen a lump appear there, like a hernia or a fatty lump?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
No lump yet, but I suppose there could one to small for me to notice yet.
Expert:  SurgeonUK replied 9 years ago.
The two commonest causes are hernia or inflammation of the pubic tubercle. I would advise a review by your physician. If they cannot feel an obvious hernia you may need an ultrasound scan, especially if you are having this much pain
SurgeonUK and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you