How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8002
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lump/bulge on shin bone

This answer was rated:

I have a tiny hard moveable bump on my shin bone on the right leg. There is no swelling or discoloration of the are. But if pressure is applied or touched too much the area becomes tender. I am a 23 year female.
The lump on the shin bone can be due to-
  • Lipoma - This is a collection of fat cells. The lump is usually semi-hard and movable.
  • Trauma can also lead to formation of a lump
  • Tumor - A bone tumor can present as a lump on the shin bone. These tumors are usually benign but can rarely be malignant.
I would advise you to consult an Orthopedecian to find out the cause of the ,ump and whether it requires any treatment. You might need investigations like X-ray or MRI bone.
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you