How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8007
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am experiencing a dull throbbing pain in my groin area.

Resolved Question:

I am a 51 year old female. I do not smoke and generally in good health. I have been experiencing a dull throbbing pain that tends to come and go in the groin and pelvic area on my right side. It tends to move down my leg.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. D. Evans replied 9 years ago.
Since you are online, could you please give some more information:

Since how long have you been having this?

Any back pain?

Any menstrual irregularities or burning sensation during urination?

I am available online to help you further after I get this info.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
No back pain. I had a hysterectomy two years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 9 years ago.
By the symptoms you are describing it seems that you might be having Sciatica pain. This is caused by general compression and/or irritation of one of five nerve roots that are branches of the sciatic nerve when the nerve comes out of the spinal cord. The pain starts in lower back and goes into the leg depending on the branches compressed and the severity of symptoms.
You need to consult an Orthopedecian as soon as possible. In the meantime take some precautions-
  • donot lift heavy weight
  • donot over exert
  • while sitting keep the leg elevated on a chair or stool
  • take oral anti -inflammatories like tylenol/mortin to decrease the nerve inflammation.
Read more here
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8007
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Dr. Gupta and other Health Specialists are ready to help you