How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Shirley Your Own Question
Shirley, Medical Researcher
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1450
Experience:  Hospitals
Type Your Health Question Here...
Shirley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I treat hot flashes at age 72. They are really not

Customer Question

How can I treat hot flashes at age 72. They are really not "Flashes" any longer, more like 24/7?
I have tried Black Cohosh, with no relief.
I can't just sit under a fan on high speed all day, every day!
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Shirley replied 9 years ago.


You can try Dong Quai. If it is powdered root or tea, take 1-2 grams 3 times a day. If it is fluid extract, take 1ml (1/4 teaspoonful) 3 times a day.

Best Regards,