How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35787
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am worried about some triangle shaped bumps on my skin the

Resolved Question:

I am worried about some triangle shaped bumps on my skin the patterns are not the same size but the 3 bumps form a triangle and are itchy. I broke out in what the doctor said was hives and after the hives went away there was a small triangle shapped 'bite' thats thre now a few days later a itchy 3 triangle shaped bumps appeared on my arm just below my elbow and now a few days later the same 3 itchy bumps have appeared on my neck in the triangle shape as well. Do i need to see a doctor?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 years ago.


You should see your doctor. They will need to investigate the cause for it. This can be just an allergic phenomenon or onset of some systemic disease.

I would suggest the following:

1) Total and vacuolated esoinophil counts.

2) Erthrocyte sedimentation rate

3) Intradermal allergy tests

4) Serum allergy tests

5) ASLO liter

6) C-reactive protein

7) Antinuclear antibodies

Please feel free to ask if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
What known disease(s) have the 3 bump different sized itchy bumps in the shape of a triangle? And should i see a specialized doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 10 years ago.

There are various disease which can present like this. Some connective tissue disorders can present with this. But this can be simple allergy, also. Only personal examination can exclude/conform it. My point of view, is that, the lesions warrant an examination by a physician.

The best doctor would be an Immunologist. But if you don't find one in the near vicinity, see an internist or allergy specialist first.

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you