How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask D. Baron, MD Your Own Question
D. Baron, MD
D. Baron, MD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1040
Experience:  Physician with 27 years of experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
D. Baron, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a MRI of my shoulder and the impressions were as

Resolved Question:

had a MRI of my shoulder and the impressions were as follows: 1. Marked degernerative change involving the left AC joint as described. 2. Findings in keeping with mild impingement. 3. No evidence of rotator cuff tear. 4. No evidence of Labral tear. 5. No evidence of fracture or subluxastion. 6. Probable tiny 0.8 cm left humeral head cyst.
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  D. Baron, MD replied 10 years ago.
A bone cyst is a small, benign, fluid filled cyst in the bone. Smaller bone cysts do not need treatment. Larger one's are sometimes treated to prevent fracture, depending on location. Your cyst was an incidental finding on your MRI. Your shoulder problem is probably due to the degenerative disease with impingement at the AC joint. If you are being seen by the Orthopedic Center physicians, say hello to Dr. Marvin Kohn for me. If Dr. Ross Stone is your orthopedic, say hello to him.
D. Baron, MD and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to D. Baron, MD's Post: This is very painfull, how should it be treated. I am not at the moment seeing a orthopedic doctor.
Expert:  D. Baron, MD replied 10 years ago.
For right now, you should be on anti-inflammatory medications. Prescription strenght anti-inflammatories from you doctor will probably do better than Advil or Aleve. Physical therapy should also be instituted. If you're going to see an orthopedic surgeon, I highly recommend Dr. Marvin Kohn of the orthopedic center. He is a good orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the upper extremity. The orthopedic center has offices on Congress Ave. near JFK Hospital and in the office complex at Palms West Hospital on Southern Blvd in the Wellington-Loxahatchee-Royal Palm Beach area.
D. Baron, MD and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you