Dr. Bush
Dr. Bush, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  board certified family dr, specialize in women, children &sexual diseases
4738463

Frequently after I eat, I do not feel well (shaky,

Frequently after I eat, I do not feel well (shaky, nervous-type feeling) could this be beginning of diabetes?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Bush replied 10 years ago.
this could be a sign of a hyperglycemic response and could be diabetes. the fact that its related to eating makes other things like adrenal disease or thyroid disease less likely. eletrolyte disorders can cause this but again less likely with eating.
the best way to know is to go to your dr for blood work. if you go first thing in the morning they can check a blood glucose (after not eating for 10-12 hours) that will give you a good idea. they will likely then check some other labs to be sure.

Please click the green accept if no more questions, positive feedback appreciated

bonuses always appreciated

**Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you might have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking medical treatment due to information obtained here. The content of the response, such as text, graphics, images, and information posted on the site as well as information obtained through "links" on this site are for informational purposes only. This answer is to the best of my knowledge and experience and is in no way infallible**