How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16310
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hurts to pee and also has burning sensation. had sex at the

This answer was rated:

hurts to pee and also has burning sensation. had sex at the end of period two days ago.


Just the act of having sex during a girl's period doesn't cause a urinary tract infection. UTIs are caused by any of a number of bacteria that can get into the urethra, both bacteria that usually reside in the male or female genital areas and sexually transmitted diseases. Your doctor will have to give you a prescription for antibiotics that will cure the particular type of infection you have. If it is found to be an STD you will both need to be treated at the same time so you don't wind up passing it back and forth.Meanwhile, try to drink lots of water and 100% cranberry juice to keep the urine as dilute as possible so that it doesn't burn so badly. I hope tis helps.

A. Schuyler, NP and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you