Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Does a person with Psychogenic Movement Disorder need to…

Does a person with Psychogenic...
Does a person with Psychogenic Movement Disorder need to continue seeing a neurologist, or is a psychologist/psychiatrist all that is needed? My original neurologist says he does not need to follow me since I've been diagnosed with this and the world reknowned movement disorder neurologist keeps having me return for followups? He is in Houston, TX and I am in Nebraska. It's very expensive for me to travel that far and can't afford to keep it up. If I need to be followed by a movement disorder neurologist, is there any in Omaha, NE that specializes in this that I may go to?
7/1/2007
Dr. Bush
Dr. Bush, Doctor (MD)
outpatient psychotherapeutic and psychiatric follow up should be fine. if there is a neww problem at some point in the future they should be able to pick up on it and let youknow if they think it may be beneficial to continue seeing a neurologt.
as long as youre stable and there havent been any recent changes you probably are fine to try just that.

Please click the green accept if no more questions, positive feedback appreciated

bonuses always appreciated

**Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you might have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking medical treatment due to information obtained here. The content of the response, such as text, graphics, images, and information posted on the site as well as information obtained through "links" on this site are for informational purposes only. This answer is to the best of my knowledge and experience and is in no way infallible**

Dr. Bush
Dr. Bush, Doctor (MD)