Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

About once a month my husband whole body just ache and he…

Customer Question
About once a month my...
About once a month my husband whole body just ache and he can hardly move. What would this be. Is it fibroamagia
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Health
7/1/2007
Health Professional: Dr Amit Munjal, Physician replied 11 years ago
Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician

Any associated fever ?

Joint involvement ?

Any investigations done so far ?Any treatment history so far ?

Is the pain generalised or localised to specific areas ?

no fever. problems with his knee and hips. No treatment as yet. He is fine for awhile and then boom he can hardly walk. He has had blood test and he does not have rhemutoid arthrists

Did he has serum Uric acid test ?

ESR ?

Any X- Ray of knee or hips done ?

Has he seen a rheumatologist yet?

SInce how long is he having these symptoms ?

He has seen a rheumatologist. He has had several test. The symptoms has been the last four months. He does have sleep epnea. He is going to a sleep study we are hoping that could be it.

Well it is less likely sleep apnoea is causing these symptoms .

As per his age Osteo arthritis can be a possibility .

Well a X-ray / MRI of the effected joints may be considered .

Other then that his serum Uric acid , ESR may be checked .

Physiotherapy may also be considered for pain management .

Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician