Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My 9 year old son looks like he has cellulite on his ribs

my 9 year old son looks like he has cellulite on his ribs and stomach-is this normal? hes not overwieght at all-i never noticed this before-thanks-walter mcdonald
Are the affected areas red, swollen, tender, or warm?

Is your son having any other signs of illness such as fever?

Does your son have any disabilities, physical limitations or ongoing health problems? If so, please describe

What, if any, prescription or over-the-counter medications that your son take on a regular basis?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
the areas are not red,swollen,tender and dont seem warm-no other signs of illness-no disabilities etc-no over the counter meds-hes a semi vegetarian and you really only see the "lumpiness" cellulite like stuff when he is leaned over-when he sits up straight it pretty much dissapears-let me know if you need any more info-thanks-walter
Thank you for the information, Walter.

I should have also asked what your son's height and weight is?

Also, how long ago did you first notice these affected areas?

Are the areas growing -- or staying about the same?

Has a dermatologist -- or any other doctor -- taken a look? If so, what did they say?

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
hes about 4'9'' and weighs 102-i first noticed it this morning-and no a derm or other dr hasnt looked at it-thanks again any more info you need i would be happy to give-he does have some small red spots on his stomach and chest that i never noticed-they are tiny less 1/4 of a centimeter but he said he was laying on his chest so it couldve just been that-thanks-walter
Since your son appears to be at an appropriate weight for his height -- and, he has no obvious signs of illness or disease -- I am going to opt out of your question for now -- in hope that someone else might have some ideas for you.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Dear *****er,
As a pediatrician I am unable to find anything amiss in your description of your son's problem.
I believe that this may be related to possibly some sudden weight gain, or possibly a lack of physical activity, leading to a mild loss of abdo pain.
In any case it does not seem to sugest anything to get particularly concerned about, and it can wait till the next visit to your pediatrician for a detailed discussion,

Please ACCEPT the reply (by pressing the GREEN accept button), and give a BONUS if it was useful. If you need more information, just let me know.
Regards
Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.