How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Steve Your Own Question
Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1663
Experience:  Medical Doctor (MD): Board-Certified Family Doctor
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Steve is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel like i am swaying or turning

Customer Question

I feel like i am swaying or turning
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 10 years ago.

Hi--this is MOST likely a condition called:

Benign positional vertigo (BPV)-or simply vertigo-which is a disorder of the inner ear.

Here is a detail link:

Your BPV sounds like a mild case; however, IF it gets severe [true vertigo; vomiting, etc], OR if it lasts more than a few days, then pls see your doctor for evaluation & testing; he may also prescribe meds to resolve the condition.

Take care.

I DO hope you found my Answer to be helpful regarding your medical condition. IF SO-please hit **ACCEPT** as you read this Answer, in order that I may receive credit for my time, thanks. BONUSES & Positive Feedback Most appreciated!

(feel free to ask a followup Q, if needed)

Best Wishes for Your Health

--Dr. Steve, M.D./FABFP (Your Online Family Doctor)