Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
163146

My finger looks infected and swollen from a splinter, how do

Customer Question

My finger looks infected and swollen from a splinter, how do I treat it? After a week I pulled a splinter from between my finger nail and skin, but the finger is now swollen.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

If you are not 100% sure all of the splinter is out, you really should have it checked out. In the mean time, soak the finger in warm Epsom salt water several times a day. This will help draw out any pus/infection. Keep the area clean. But if you are not sure if the splinter is all out, or if the above doesn't help, do be seen.

There is a cream called Ichthammol, which you can get at your local pharmacy. This cream is a drawing out suave. Generally you will apply this cream, cover with a band-aid and it helps draw infection out and if you still have a splinter left, it can draw that out too.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.