Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

What would cause a penis to pull into a body so you can't…

Customer Question
What would cause a penis...
What would cause a penis to pull into a body so you can't find it
to urinate ??
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Health
5/28/2007
Health Professional: Deborah, Nurse (RN) replied 11 years ago
Deborah
Deborah, Nurse (RN)

A hidden penis is frequently referred to as a buried or concealed penis. There are multiple causes of buried penis including obesity, aging with an overlying fold of abdominal fat and skin, and a shortage of penile skin from chronic inflammation or an overly aggressive circumcision.

A doctor can often make a diagnosis of hidden penis on physical examination. In cases where abdominal fat is the cause, hidden penis may improve in the first few years of life as the lower abdomen loses fat and the penis increases in size. In other cases, treatment may include surgical repair.

Obesity may also cause concealment of the penis. The lower abdomen may become so large that it hangs low and covers the penis. The penis may also appear to shrink with age due to decreased muscle tone in the lower abdominal muscles and increased fat in the lower abdomen. Such cases of "hidden" penis can be reversed with weight loss and strengthening of the abdominal muscles.

Deborah
Deborah, Nurse (RN)