How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8123
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm 40 and all of the sudden my penis has sunken inward i

Customer Question

I'm 40 and all of the sudden my penis has sunken inward i have to pull it out to urinate, I do not have problems getting an erection and it appears fine when i have an erection
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 10 years ago.

What is your weight & height?

Do you have diabetes or blood pressure?

Are you over anxious?

Are you taking any drugs?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
240lbs. 5'8
High blood pressure have had 2 stents in heart 1 going to intestines
yes metoporol cingular plavix metamucil hycosamine b-6 hydrocodone for migraines

i also had a vasectomy 7 years ago
Expert:  Melissa replied 10 years ago.
When did you first notice that your penis was starting to appear smaller?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Melissa's Post: around a mouth a go
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 10 years ago.
There are a few possibilities depending on the symptoms you are describing-
  • Peyronie disease - The cause of the condition is not known although there is some evidence that minor trauma may result in the condition later on. This results in some fibrous tissue in the corpora cavernosa of the penis - these are two blood filled chambers of the penis which enlarge during erection. These fibrous plaques can be painful, and are typically found on the upper side of the penis. The erection usually curves upwards but may also curve to one or either side. It can also cause retraction of the penis reversibly. Usually over time the fibrous tissue settles with time. In rare cases intervention is required in the form of surgery called Nesbitt procedure.
  • Overweight - In overweight cases the penis slowly seems to be enfolded into the folds of skin.
As you have described your symptoms have come within the last one month, you might behaving pyronie's disease, if there has been no sudden gain in weight. Given your continuing symptoms I suggest that you ask your GP to refer you to a local urologist for specialist advice.

Please ACCEPT the reply (by pressing the GREEN accept button), and give a BONUS if it was useful. If you need more information, just let me know.
Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8123
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Dr. Gupta and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.