How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Bornfeld Your Own Question
Mark Bornfeld
Mark Bornfeld, Dentist (DDS)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 6021
Experience:  Clinical instructor, NYU College of Dentistry; 37 years private practice experience in general dentistry, member Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, American Academy of Oral Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Mark Bornfeld is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a knot like lump in my cheek after being punched in

Customer Question

i have a knot like lump in my cheek after being punched in the jaw what could it be?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Mark Bornfeld replied 10 years ago.

The most probable causes for swelling after a traumatic injury include hematoma (internal bleeding), infection, or fracture of a bone of the face or jaw.

In order to determine appropriate treatment, you will need to see a doctor or medical facility and possibly take x-rays of the injured area. Depending on the extent and nature of the injuries, you may need antibiotics, drainage of abscess or hematoma, or reduction of a fracture.

Hope this helps...