How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hanson Your Own Question
Dr. Hanson
Dr. Hanson, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 935
Experience:  Diplomate, American Board of Quality Assurance & Utilization Review Physicians
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Hanson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what happens when your bladder falls What does it look like

Customer Question

I have some tissue, comming out of my vigina, could thi be my bladder?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 10 years ago.



It certainly sounds like a Prolapsed Bladder--which is also called:

CYSTOCELE. see detail link on cystoceles:

When your MD examines you on monday, he/she will be able to confirm w/ a careful vaginal/pelvic exam.

Treatment generally consists of: using a Pessary device; or surgery [Bladder Suspension].

Best wishes.


I DO hope you found my Answer to be helpful regarding your medical condition. IF SO-please hit **ACCEPT** as you read this Answer. BONUSES & Positive Feedback Most appreciated!

(feel free to ask a followup Q, if needed)

Best Wishes for Your Health

--Dr. Steve, M.D./FABFP (Your Online Family Doctor)

Expert:  Dr. Hanson replied 10 years ago.

The tissue might be your bladder or it could be your uterus.

Pelvic organ prolapse is a general term to describe a few conditions where a pelvic organ protrudes (or "caves in") to the vagina. The uterus can sag forward from its normal place in the back of the vagina toward the front; the bladder can cave into the vagina from above, and so forth.

Your uterus is normally held in place inside your pelvis with various muscles, tissue, and ligaments. Sometimes because of childbirth the muscles weaken. Also, as a woman ages and with a natural loss of estrogen, the uterus can collapse into the vaginal canal, causing a prolapsed uterus.

A cystocele is herniation of the upper front vaginal wall where a part of the bladder bulges into the vagina.

Enterocele is the herniation of the upper rear vaginal wall where a portion of the intestines bulges into the vagina.

Rectocele is the herniation of the lower rear vaginal wall where the rectum bulges into the vagina.

I recommend that you be examined by a gynecologist because you may need a pessary. A pessary is a device that is inserted inside the vagina to hold the other organs up in their usual places out of the vagina.
Or you may require surgery to replace the organs.