How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8015
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Why & How would my right testicle recede inside me

This answer was rated:

My right testicle is much more sensitive than my left one,almost to the point where it is untouchable.Also it sometimes recedes inside me during sex(when wife is on top). I physically have to push it back down.It has been like this for awhile now, I have just adapted to it by avoiding the situations which it has happened before.I had my appendix taken out 10 yrs ago, i dont know that it is related to that. I do know it was sometime after that when I noticed this problem.

It sounds as if you have an undescended testicle. This has most likely been present since birth and because at times it is descended and in the proper place which is your scrotum you have maybe not notice it so much. Either way I do not feel this is at all related to your appendix surgery and if you read the link I have attached you will see the best thing to do is have your doctor examine you and have surgery to correct this. Although it is not necessarily a life threatening issue it can affect your ability to have children and increases your risk for cancer of the testicle and even torsion of the testicle which is very painful.
I would reccomend that you see a urologist. This is a doctor specializing in this area but if necessary start with your primary care to confirm the diagnosis.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
I have looked into this possibility and it doesnt seem to be the case. I do appreciate the response but this problem was not did not occur until i was around 20. I had already had a child and an active sex life before this with no problems. I dont recall any problems of my testicle not being in the right place before. Is there any pther possibilities of an injury or anything else?
I believe that you are suffering from retractile testes. While the exact cause of this phenomenon is unknown, it is possibly related to increase creamsteric reflex. While most articles state that there ought to be no connection to your appendix surgery, this particular source talks about undescended testes being the result of hernia surgery.
You should talk to a urologist about this because there are recent studies that suggest that retractile testes too may increase the chances of infertility later,
Read here

Please ACCEPT the reply (by pressing the GREEN accept button), and give a BONUS if it was useful. If you need more information, just let me know.
Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 8015
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Dr. Gupta and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you