How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Evans Your Own Question
Dr. D. Evans
Dr. D. Evans, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4464
Experience:  MS in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery , Attachment to Neurosurgery.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. D. Evans is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what causes bruising from the inside out

This answer was rated:

I have scolieoscis and a pinched nerv in my lower back, their is a burning sensation in the back like a pulled muscle and then there is a bruising that looks like its coming from the inside to out side.


Your symptoms are suggestive of a lumbar disc lesion. Pain around the back going down the leg, numbness of the leg or foot and tingling or itchiness are all symptoms of a disc lesion. Such lumbar disc pain is usually associated with sciatica.

Sciatica is pain along the sciatic nerve, which runs from your hips down along the back of the leg. It occurs due to the nerve getting 'pinched' at the spinal level.

There are a number of options to keep the pain of a disc lesion under control:

Physical exercise: Physical exercise is undoubtedly the most important. You will have to do some regular exercises for your back; this is usually a very successful method.

Medications: Drugs like phenytoin, carbamazepine, or tricyclic antidepressants such as amitriptyline are used to control pain.

Steroids: steroid injections may be given at the site of the pinched nerve.

Back support: A lumbar belt worn regularly by itself often helps to relieve the nerves. Braces, splints, orthopaedic shoes may be needed.

Other measures may include vocational counseling, occupational therapy, etc.

Surgery: Surgery of the spine is the last option.

You will need to consult your doctor, if possible a neurosurgeon, for further investigations and treatment. You will usually be diagnosed clinically, but the doctor may advice investigations like CT scans or MRI.

In my opinion, for you, physical exercises, Lumbar belt, medications and occasionally steroid injections if the pain is too severe will be sufficient to give you a healthy life. You should consult your doctor for these options.

You may consult the links below for more info:

You may consult the link below to see some exercises:

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask. For accepting this answer, please click on the green 'accept' button below. Feedback/Bonus will be warmly appreciated.
Dr. D. Evans and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you