How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Amit Munjal Your Own Question
Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4237
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Amit Munjal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have raised bumps around my ankles and a little on my

Resolved Question:

I have white raised bumps around my ankles and a little on my feet. What is this and what can I do to get rid of them? They get worse in the summer when I'm out in the sun. I love being outside, so I use sunscreen all the time. I'm fair complected but I still tan. I have very dry skin so I use a lot of moisturrizer.
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 10 years ago.


Can you provide me with a picture ?

Have you seen a doctor yet ?

What is the duration of the symptoms ?

Do these itch ?

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Dr Amit Munjal's Post: I have not been to a doctor for this, and Yes, they do itch sometimes. Also I went through my menopause at a very early age and that is when this started to occur.
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 10 years ago.


From your history i am suspicious that the cause of these bumps is ? allergic since your symptom worsen in sun and summers and associated itching . Most likely Provisional diagnosis is Eczema .

Ideally you need to avoid solar exposure , use anti itch lotion like calamine lotion .Emmoliants containing squalane can be applied all over the dry skin several times a day .

Antihistaminics can be taken for the symptomatic releif from the itching .

Locan steroid and gentamycin containing ointment may be prescribed by your doctor .

Also such consult a dermatologist for a clinical examination .

Hope this helps

Dr Amit Munjal and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you