How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Amit Munjal Your Own Question
Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4237
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Amit Munjal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found a large dark spot near my anus and I have no idea

Resolved Question:

I found a large dark spot near my anus and I have no idea where it came from or what it is. I have looked on line...but it does not seem to be blistery, and it does not hurt or burn or itch. Do you have any idea what it could be?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 10 years ago.


Any history of constipation ?

Is the area painful ?

Is it on anal verge or on the skin ?

Any associated bleeding in stools ?

Duration ?

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Mild constipation off and on for a while...nothing caused any red flags

I have suspected maybe some very mild bleeding in stools spuradically over the last few months. (the inconsistancy and lightness led me to believe that it was no big deal) and not recently (in the past few weeks)

The area is not painful to fact it is not painful at all really.

It is on the anal verge (if that is what I think it is.

It has appeared in the last couple of days (less than a week)
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 10 years ago.


From your history i suspect this o be a case of haemorrhoid since there is a painless bleeding sporadically .

As such you can try ho sitz bath . Avoid constipation .

Take fibre supplements like metamucil if there is constipation .

Drink plenty of water .

Consult a doctor for a clinical examination for the examination .

Dr Amit Munjal and other Health Specialists are ready to help you