How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lindie Your Own Question
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5490
Experience:  17+ years, Healthcare Expert
Type Your Health Question Here...
Lindie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel like there's a balloon in my upper chest area (not

Customer Question

I feel like there's a balloon in my upper chest area (not painful) - just feels as if something is in there - a feeling of pressure, but not painful. I have had this for years and it's not going away. It comes and goes and I don't notice it at all while asleep. I am a 61 year old woman and have stiffness associated with some bone loss and also tend to have muscle cramps in my feet and legs (alleviated by quinine pills).
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.
Is this feeling in the upper middle, right or left chest?

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Sometimes I notice it more on the left side of the chest; other times I feel it in the middle too. The feeling is such that everything seems squeezed or pushed up into the chest or upper abdominal region.
Expert:  Lindie replied 10 years ago.

Generally the left chest pain can indicate gas pain. (thats if you mean by your breast bone and not upper abdomen area) Which could be from gall bladder, GERD, even possible lung, Esophageal pain. Only thing is all of this can mimic heart problems as well. If you are unsure, it is always best to be seen to make sure this is not related to your heart. Other wise, a Gastroenterologist would be the best doctor in find more about the cause.

Here is a site you can read over as well with chest pain, if you have any of the other symptoms then do be seen. read here

I don't know which type of doctors you have seen. However I would follow up with a Gastroenterologist at this point, as you may even need to have an endoscopy done to find out what is going on. An X ray can't give much detail to what is going on.

Hope this helps, If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don't forget to click the *ACCEPT* button and please take a moment to leave me *POSITIVE* feedback.