How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Amit Munjal Your Own Question
Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal, Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4237
Experience:  B.A.M.S{Ayurveda Physician}Worked in various clinical departments like Medicine,ER,Gynae
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Amit Munjal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Continuous vaginal bleeding for 4 months

Customer Question

I've been having abnormal vaginal bleeding for the past 4 months.I've been to my gyn and had an exam, including a pap, an HIV test, a pregnancy test, and tests for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and syphillis, but they all came out negative.My doctor first put me on Micronor so the bleeding would stop long enough to do the exam, and I got a Depo shot when I had the exam, which was also supposed to stop the bleeding.She's giving me progesterone-only birth control because my blood pressure is high, but the bleeding only stopped for a couple of days and it started again.The bleeding has never been heavy or painful; I usually go through 2-3 tampons or liners a day.However, when this first occured, the roommate I was living with told me that she'd had her period and it returned 2 weeks later. The next day the same thing happened to me and I'm normally very regular with my periods. It lasted a week and stopped, then came back in another 2 weeks, and it hasn't stopped yet.Could this be from her?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 10 years ago.


First of all i would like to let you know this condition is not from your friend .This is just a coincidence .

The bleeding you are having can be due to various causes Thyroid dysfunction ,Fibroid uterus ,endometriosis , Polyp , malignancy ,Blood clotting disorders to name a few .

In my opinion you needs thorough investigations like Thyroid Function Test , BT, CT ,Trans Vaginal Ultrasound for further evaluation .You need to be seen by a Gynaecologist .


Dr Amit Munjal and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Dr Amit Munjal replied 10 years ago.


How can i help You ?

Please explain your Query ?