Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

How long does valium stay in your system?

how long does valium stay...
how long does valium stay in your system for urine drug testing
11/13/2006
nurse_Dan
nurse_Dan, Nurse (RN)

If you are having a drug test valium is not a good drug to have in your system. It has a very long half life and can stay in your system up to 30 days.

Is it the same with Temazepam? I asked a pharmacist and she told me 4-5 days.

I was told by a pharmacist that valium and temazepam stay in the system for urine testing 4-5 days, please advise.

I have mis-spoke the information. If you have been taking valium medication for a lot times months to years the time to clear your urine is 1 to 4 weeks.

If you took a single dose of either of these medications the time to clear would be 1 to 3 days.

My states about is for if you have been taking them for a long time.

Reply to nurse_Dan's Post: my dosage has been 20mg per day for 5 days, I hope that I am providing enough information Dan, I appreciate your advise in this matter. I will have a urine screen on thursday Nov 16, 10:00am. I think that they are mainly looking for opiates but I am pretty sure that benzodiapines are looked for also. I take suboxone for to help me get off of opiates that I became addicted to after hip surgery, I am a disabled veteran with limited income.

I appreciate you service to our country. People like you are what have made our country great. Now the suboxone if you are still on it will not show in the urine test.

Let me ask you this. What the medication prescribed by you doctor? If so simply take the bottle with you and tell them when you stopped taking it. This way even if you are positive You will have valid reason for testing positive.

If it was prescribed from a doctor you should have no concerns.

If you caught this from another source when was the last time you took the medication. This will help. I see you took it for 5 days when what the last day you took it.

Let me know which is the case and the last dose that will help.

Both meds are from an old script the valium script expired 1 year ago and the temazepam was from a script written in august of this year. Thank you for recognizing my service.

oh, I plan on taking the valium at 15mg tomorrow.

Well her is the deal I would take the empty bottle of temazepam and tell them you have taken the last dose recently. They won't be able to to tell the difference.

I don't think this is going to be a problem for you. You have a valid prescription for the medication.

I seriously doubt you are going to test positive any way but I would be honest with them/ Tell them you use the medication for sleep when you need it and you used the last dose recently. There is no reason why they should not accept this.

nurse_Dan
nurse_Dan, Nurse (RN)
nurse_Dan
nurse_Dan
nurse_Dan, Nurse (RN)