Judy
Judy, Nurse
Experience:  RN in ICU for 35 years
803120

IN MID-MORNING MY HANDS START TO SHAKE, I FEEL WEAK AND ALSO

IN MID-MORNING MY HANDS START TO SHAKE, I FEEL WEAK AND ALSO SWEAT. I GRAB PEANUT BUTTER OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT STOPS THE SHAKES. I HAD BLOOD TEST RECENTLY AND ALSO A SUGAR TEST AND EVERTHING COMES OUT FINE.

WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION FOR MY PROBLEM.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
Category: Health
Expert:  Judy replied 10 years ago.
I think you should be rechecked for blood sugar problems. You could have reactive hypoglycemia where your body puts out more insulin than necessary after you eat and the blood sugar then drops drastically. The fact that eating resolves the problem points to the fact that the sugar is low. If you are drinking coffee or tea with caffeine for breakfast, this could be compounding the problem, because the adrenaline will speed up the process of burning the sugar. Try to stay away from caffeine and follow the guidelines of this hypoglycemic diet - and do visit the doc again for a more specific test for hypoglycemia!