How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask EsquireEmily Your Own Question
EsquireEmily, Counselor with advanced degrees
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 765
Experience:  General medical experience + sexual and mental health. Worked in hospitals and clinics.
Type Your Health Question Here...
EsquireEmily is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had and ingrown hair on a stretch at the top of my

Customer Question

I have had and ingrown hair on a stretch mark at the top of my pubic hair for seceral months now. The first time it was there i got the hair our but it kept coming back, so every week i would squeeze it to get the puss out. For the past couple of weeks it wouldnt pop. Today i noticed it had popped while i wasnt home and that there is now a hole there and it fells like there is still puss under that. I get ingrown hairs all the time alwell on my legs and in my pubic hairs. What should i do?
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  EsquireEmily replied 10 years ago.
Hi Juls,

You probably have a cyst. You need to see a dermatologist. The ingrown hairs most likely started from shaving - in the future you should be careful to shave only "with" the hair (e.g., in the direction the hair grows), and to use shaving cream or gel.