Kerry
Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,
169559

Can you get pregnant from having quckie sex

Customer Question

can you get pregnant from having quckie sex
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 11 years ago.

yes.

Kerry

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: what are the chances of me being actually pregnant?
Expert:  Kerry replied 11 years ago.

Only God knows. If it was unprotected sex, it increases your chances. And the closer to the middle of between periods, the higher your chances.

Kerry

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Kerry's Post: when is the best time to use pregnancy test (i mean after i had a quckie sex)to determ if i'm pregnant or not.
Expert:  Kerry replied 11 years ago.

Two weeks after a missed period. A blood test at the doctor may show positive a week sooner than that.

KErry

Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
can i get pregnant from having a quckie sex for a few minutes?
Expert:  Family Physician replied 11 years ago.
indeed even a "quickie" can get you pregnant. The most fertile period (when you are most likely to get pregnant) as Kerry mentioned is the middle of your cycle (about 14 days before you would expect your next period to start)

If this JUST happened, then you could consider Plan B - the emergency contraceptive pill.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: but what if it happend on 9/8/06 and my usual periods starts are on th 24th of each month ....what are the chances then?
Assuming your period are 30 days long - your date of expected ovulation would be September 9th (+/- 1-2 days)

That means your "quickie" occurred at the most fertile time - mid cycle around the time of ovulation. Various references report the risk of pregnancy with unprotected intercourse at mid cycle at about 25% (1 in 4 chance)
http://healthyhorns.utexas.edu/education/emercontraception.html
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: what are the side effects of having an abortion
I would honestly NOT start thinking about that having an abortion at this point. You have at least a 3 in 4 chance of NOT being pregnant.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Family Physician's Post: do you have your office number that i could contact you by if i have any further questions
The best way to contact me is through the JustAnswer site. You can use the PM feature, or list another question and request me by name.