How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9032
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a burning pain under my right arm. Could you give me

Resolved Question:

I have a burning pain under my right arm. Could you give me some possible causes.

I am a female 63 years of age
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 10 years ago.


Where exactly is this pain - in the armpit, along your underarm?

Have you hurt your arm recently?

Do you have any pain at the back of your neck, along the spine?

DO you have any boils or blisters on your arm?

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD(O's Post: The pain is under my right arm. It is a burning pain. I have not hurt my arm recently, there is no pain anywhere else and there are no boils or rashs
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 10 years ago.


Pain that is burning in nature is usually due to an irritation of the nerve supplying that area - that is why I asked if you had injured yourself or have a pain in your spine.

It is possible that the nerve is being pinched or compressed under the armpit or by the muscles in your undearm. You will need to be examined for a proper diagnosis.

Meanwhile you can apply an icepack over the area for 10 minutes 3 times a day. Dry it off and apply a pain relieving gel like Tobricin over it. These are however temporary measures. Continue to take Aleve 500mg twice a day after food. If the pain continues for more than 3 days, please see a doctor.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions