Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

I HAVE SMALL, RED, SORES ON ALL OF MY FINGER JOINTS AND ON

I HAVE SMALL, RED, SORES ON ALL OF MY FINGER JOINTS AND ON MY TOES. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THEY ARE? I LOOKED UP TRUSH, SHINGLES, ULCERS...I'M SCARED.
Category: Health
Expert:  Deborah replied 11 years ago.

Do you have any other symptoms?

Os the rash the only thing that is painful or are your joints stiff as well?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: JOINTS ARE STIFF, SORES ARE SMALL AND RED, WHEN I BEND MY FINGERS OR TRY TO GRAB SOMETHING MY FINGERS HURT. I HAVE TWO SPOTS ON MY RIGHT HEEL AND ONE SPOT ON MY RIGHT 4TH TOE. I'M ALSO TAKING ANTIBIOTICS FOR BRONCHITIS AND A SORE THROAT. MEDS CALLED CEPHALEXIN 500 MG, LEAPRO 40 MG, AND MUCINEX 600 MG. COULD THIS RASH BE FROM THE CEPHALEXIN?
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 11 years ago.

Hello and thanks for requesting me!!

When did you start the Cephalexin and did the bumps start to appear after you started on new medication that you had not been taking previously? This will help me to better answer your question.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Cheryl K.'s Post: An hour after I took the meds is when I noticed the sores.
Ok then yes this would be related most likely to a reaction from the medication that you are taking. You may have to ask for a change in medication if this corresponded with the onset of the medication. This does not sound like thrush or an ulcer but shingles is a possibility that does need to be ruled out at the same time they can prescribe a different antibiotic as well. The joint pain you are experiencing is the only thing that does not really correspond with an allergic reaction. Try a dose of Benadryl and this can help with any rash related to an allergic reaction but you should phone them tomorrow if the joint pain is still obvious and you are still experiencing a breakout as the antibiotics are needed to help cure infection so rather then stop altogether it is better to have then change and find one that will help fight infection and not affect you the way this has.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience: Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal