AnnlynnRN
AnnlynnRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN - 22 years in ICU & Critical Care (Cardiac, Neurology, Trauma, & Medical/Surgical ICU.)
64436

My mouth is constantly watering and I just don't feel right?

my mouth is constantly watering and I just don't feel right?
Category: Health
Expert:  AnnlynnRN replied 11 years ago.

Dear Ikgokimgordillo,

Can you be a bit more specific when you say you "don't feel right." Is constant thirst associated with your constant mouth watering? What part of you doesn't feel right.....do you have any pain or weakness anywhere? Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to AnnlynnRN's Post: I need to make one correction in that I am a female. By not feeling right, I am tired all the time, and when my mouth is watering (which is constant)I feel a little nauseated.

Dear Ikgokimgordillo,

Thank you for the additional information. There are MANY underlying causes of constant mouth watering. It is a symptom of some other underlying cause. Pregnancy, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), pancreatitis, liver disease, and infections of the mouth such as tonsillitis can cause over production of saliva. Some medications can also contribute to this.....clozapine, ketamine, potassium chlorate, and pilocarpine. Sometimes nausea alone can cause increased salivation.

You should speak with your doctor about this. Treatment should be aimed at identifying the underlying cause. Try to be as specific as you can about your other symptoms to help your doctor diagnose and treat you. Could you possibly be pregnant? Perhaps you could do a home pregnancy test in the meantime until you can see your doctor.