How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Your Own Question
Deborah, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3217
Experience:  Registered NP - Multispeciality
Type Your Health Question Here...
Deborah is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a tingling sensation in my foot that sometimes goes

Resolved Question:

I have a tingling sensation in my foot that sometimes goes up my leg
Submitted: 11 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Deborah replied 11 years ago.

Are you by chance experiencing any back pain? You may have sciatica which is a pinched nerve.

Here is some information, please let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Deborah's Post: I do not have any pain in my back. Just the tingling in my foot that moves to my leg at times. It isn't painful just noticeable.
Expert:  Deborah replied 11 years ago.
Ok, then as you do not have back pain, that rules out sciatica.

You may have what is known as neuropathy, which mean you may have some nerve dmage in your foot. If a sensory nerve is damaged, the predominant symptoms are pain, numbness, tingling, burning or a loss of feeling. They often begin gradually. There may be a tingling sensation or numbness that starts in the toes and/or the balls of the feet and spreads upward. Occasionally the skin may become so sensitive that the slightest touch is agonizing. There may also may be a numbness, or a complete lack of feeling in the feet. At times the symptoms may be barely noticeable and at other times, especially at night, they may be almost unbearable. The symptoms may also include a sensation that you're wearing an invisible glove or sock; a burning or freezing pain; sharp, jabbing or electric pain; and an extreme sensitivity to touch.

I would suggest making an appointment with a podiatrist for an accurate diagnosis and treatment.

Here is some info:

Please let me kmow if you have further questions.
Deborah and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you