CorpsmanUp
CorpsmanUp, Former U.S.Navy, Hospital Corpsman
Experience:  Over 4 years of providing direct, clinical medical care.
379498

I found a lump by my private area between my legs i'm not

I found a lump by my private area between my legs i'm not sure if i should go to family doctor or an obgyn
Category: Health
Expert:  CorpsmanUp replied 11 years ago.
Can you describe the lump in more detail?

Also have you had any fever or bodyaches?

How long has this been going on?

Any problems urinating?

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to James Grant's Post: the lump is a little smaller then a golf ball. it's red and a little sore when material is rubbing on it. I have no problems going to the bathroom or using menstral products. i notice it about a month ago and it's gotten bigger.
Has the redness spread or gotten bigger?

Any pus or fluid coming from it?

Where is the lump exactly?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to James Grant's Post: YES IT'S GOTTEN BIGGER AND NO THERE'S NOTHING COMING FROM IT. IT'S NEXT TO MY VAGINA AND MY THIGH
This is likely an infected hair or a spot where you have been bitten by something. Since this has been going on for a month you need to see a doctor (a general practioner or family doctor will do). You may need to have the lump drained and you may need oral antibiotics to help this go away. Try a warm wet cloth applied to the area several times a day until you can get in to see a doctor. Tylenol can help with any fever or pain that you may have. If this answer helps please hit the accept button. Thank you.