Julie
Julie, mother/teacher
Experience:  worked in health clinic, called "family doc" by all, will listen to your problem & try to help you
376857

I have frequent urination and only a little urine comes out

I have frequent urination and only a little urine comes out each time, I have a lot of pressure below my belly button which comes and goes
Category: Health
Expert:  Julie replied 11 years ago.
Hi.A bladder infection is possible in which case you would need an antibiotic to clear it up. Cranberry pills are effective at preventing an infection but are not usually helpful once you have one. So, you will need to go to the doctor for a urine test. But I'm not sure it is an infection.
Another thought that comes to mind if this is not a bladder infection is the possibility of something pressing in the bladder area, like perhaps a fibroid. It is slightly concerning that you have a lot of pressure - like something is stopping you from going. If you drink a lot of water, will you be able to go at some point? If you really can't go and only go a little each time, you may need to be treated for this right away as a build up of urine could be causing the pressure. And if you are retaiing urine you are more prone to get an infection.
So, don't delay. Call your doc now and follow his/her advice.

If you have further questions, let me know.
If my reply helps you, click accept to close this question.
Expert:  Salcom replied 11 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA.

I have different opinion about your disorder. This urination problem is very common, I myself have it.

Mostly as my fellow expert suggested that if it is not urinary tract infection, in which case you would mostly have high temperature, burning sensation and itching inside the tract etc, then, there are two other probable causes.

One, if your suffering from anxiety/depression, you will normally frequently visit the toilet. In this case you need to treat your anxiety/depression and urinary problem will fix itself.

If anxiety is not a cause, then, hyperactive bladder is the most common reason. In which case the urologist will have to examine you and may carry out a small procedure call "Bladder Stretch" in order to increase the size of bladder so that it can hold more urine.

If bladder stretch is not needed ,then, the doctor may like to put you on medicine called FLOMAX, this is very good medicine and ensure that once you urinate the bladder is completely empty and not even little amount of urine is left to make you feel like going to toilet.

Especially, one capsule before night sleep make sure that you have undisturbed sleep.

Please don't take any medicine before proper consultation with your doctor. And most importantly make an urgent appointment with urologist as unnecessary suffering is not good.

I am confident you can be treated by the medicine.

Hope this helps, if so, please accept. Thank you.

Cheers!

Expert:  Julie replied 11 years ago.
I disagree about the anxiety and hyperactive bladder causing your symptoms. You did not mention having accidents or not making it to the bathroom in time. A hyperactive bladder will fail to store urine properly and you'd have many accidents. On the other hand your bladder seems to be a bit under active.
I think that you do need to get this checked out. Rule out infection and find out why you are having these symptoms.

Let me know if you have any questions.
If my reply helps you, click accept to close.
Julie, mother/teacher
Experience: worked in health clinic, called "family doc" by all, will listen to your problem & try to help you