Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

what if cholestral is over 700? ...

what if cholestral is over 700?

Optional Information:
Female , Age: 38

Already Tried:
crestor 1 wk

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 11 years ago.

As you must be knowing normal serum cholesterol levels are <200 mg/dl. Anything beteen 200-250 is borderline. More than 250 is definitly high. Your serum cholesterol levels of 700 are definitely very high. In fact it is not only the serum cholesterol levels that are important, but LDL, VLDL, HDL and total lipid levels also. These vaues come under lipidogram. In this HDL is the good cholesterol, which should be high and rest are bad cholesterols and should be on the lower side. Any treatment of lowering cholesterol levels, takes a long time. It is a slow and steady process. You are taking crestor (rosuvastatin), which is a prescribed for decreasing cholesterol. This will take its effect slowly. You should get serial blood lipidograms done every three months to see the trend of values. Along with taking medicine, one should bring some changes in the lifestyle also. Here are some of the links which can guide you how to go about bringing change in your diet and lifestyle-

http://www.mothernature.com/Library/Bookshelf/Books/47/32.cfm

http://www.loweringcholesterol.net/show/low-cholesterol-diet

http://www.gicare.com/pated/edtot24.htm

For more information on crestor read here...

Do remember to ACCEPT and consider a BONUS if you found the answer useful. For any clarifications please get back.

Regards

Dr. Gupta

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
could i have a heart attack at any time?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Any othere advice? I also have begennings of emphazima, colon problems, and cist on my liver? any advice to a 39 yr old girl with a bad family history?

Yes, you are a high risk candidate for a heart attack. With so many medical problems you need to be under regular follow up with your doctor. Normally a benign cyst in the liver (if not very large) is left alone, unless it causes some problem. The cause of emphysema and the colon problem has to be properly daignosed and treated. As I said these problems have to be daignosed and treated properly.

I am happy to be of assistance if you have any further questions. In case you are satisfied with the reply, please ACCEPT it, a BONUS would be even better!

Regards

Dr. Gupta

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
what are the chances of an heart at a ratio 1-10

The risk of heart attack depends on multiple factors. High cholesterol levels is one of the risk factors. Some of them are-

• uncontrolled blood pressure

• diabetes

• smoker

• stressful life

• obesity

• physical inactivity

• high cholesterol levels

• older age

• family history of heart attack

• post menopausal female

If you have most of the above risk factors, then I would say you have a very high risk (7-8) on the scale of 10 for a heart attack. But if you have only high cholesterol then it would be 5-6 on the scale of 10. But these figures are not definite, as I told you a heart attack depends on multiple factors.

Hope the information helps.