How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xarqi Your Own Question
xarqi, Generalist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 596
Type Your Health Question Here...
xarqi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of Doctor specializes in blood circulation

This answer was rated:

What kind of Doctor specializes in blood circulation? I have severe swelling of my left leg.

Optional Information:
Male , Age: 62

Already Tried:
LAsix, all sorts of prescribed salves but an infection keeps recurring

A physician specializing in blood circulation is called a vascular or circulatory specialist, or a vascular surgeon.

Swelling may be more an issue of lymphatic system dysfunction. A specialist physician in this field is a lymphologist.

Your first point of contact should however be with your normal general practitioner. Clearly, the lasix is not working to resolve the swelling, and a different treatment is required, possibly after further diagnostic tests have been performed. Since you are suffering recurrent infection, the reason for this will need to be determined too, and appropriate treatment given. Lasix will not have been doing this as it is not an antibiotic, but a diuretic.
xarqi and other Health Specialists are ready to help you