Cheryl K.
Cheryl K., Health Enthusiast
Experience:  Gen. Medicine/OB/GYN Infectious Disease /STD/Sexual Health/ Orthopaedics/ Pediatrics/Internal
237255

My son is 10 years old and is startiong to have BO. He's

Customer Question

My son is 10 years old and is startiong to have BO. He's little thick for his age as well. Please advise of a deodorant he can use at this age.

Optional Information:
Male , Age: 10

Already Tried:
nothing but soap and water
Category: Health
Expert:  Cheryl K. replied 11 years ago.
Children can begin to have puberty changes between ages 9 and 14 and begin to have the need for deodorant. If your son is experiencing body odor there are many deodorants and anti-perspirants they can use such as Teen Spirit by Mennen sold at your local drug stores and/or Wal-mart. I suggest you look in the deodorant isle for products such as this and if he is sweating as well use not a deodorant but an anti-perspirant which can help with this.