Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

There's a pimple-like bump on my cervix, near the opening. I

there's a pimple-like bump on my cervix, near the opening.    I don't have it anywhere else and have no other symptoms. Is this normal or should I seek medical help? Will I have to wait til after my period ends to be checked out so they can do a pap smear?
A bump on your cervix may be a Nabothian cyst (common and benign) or it
can merely be an inflammatory nodule (like a pimple). If it bothers
you, go back to your gynecologist and let the doctor examine your
cervix and tell you what it is and what to do about it.

Regards

Dr. Gupta

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Gaurav Gupta's Post: Please answer the second part: For the gynecologist to examine me properly, do I have to wait til my menstruation ends? I know that they usually can't do my annual pap smear if I have my menstruation.

Each doctor has different views on this. You can call him to see what he feels. But I personally think it would be best to wait till you are done with your period. That way there is nothing interferring with a visual and/or internal exam or no false pap results.

Unless you are in pain or have a fever... then you should be able to wait till you are done. But as I stated above, your doctor may feel OK with it. (Some don't mind at all)

If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!

Generally the accepted time to do a PAP smear is one week after cessation of menstruation.

Regards

Dr. Gupta

Dr. Gupta, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.