Health

Can a woman see her period if she is pregnant.even if she…

Customer Question
can a woman see her...
can a woman see her period if she is pregnant.even if she saw her period 2days after conception... Read full answer
can a woman see her period if she is pregnant.even if she saw her period 2days after conception
Submitted: 13 years ago.Category: Health
9/15/2005
Health Professional: Lindie, Healthcare Expert replied 13 years ago
Lindie
Lindie, Healthcare Expert
Once your body starts producing human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) — the pregnancy hormone — and pregnancy is established, your menstrual cycle is interrupted and normal periods will stop. However, many women do experience bleeding during early pregnancy (for several reasons — see below) that may look very much like a normal period. This can make establishing your due date difficult, since midwives and doctors often use the first day of your last period to determine your due date. If that's in any doubt, measuring how big your uterus is may help them determine how far along you are. And if that's inconclusive, your midwife may decide to send you for a dating scan to measure the size of your baby and clarify exactly when he is due.

Many women who have spotting in early pregnancy go on to have their baby without any complications, but bleeding can also be a cause for concern. It may be the first sign of a miscarriage; if so, your symptoms would probably go on to include heavy cramping and bleeding that is much heavier than a normal period. If you have sharp pains in your lower abdomen, especially if the pain is only on one side, you should see your doctor straight away as you could have an ectopic pregnancy.

Because of these potential complications, if you bleed at all early in your pregnancy, it's best to notify your doctor or midwife. She may suggest getting a blood test to check your hormone levels or order an early ultrasound to evaluate your condition more thoroughly.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/expert/553485.html

Here is another site you may wish to read for information

http://www.babycenter.com/expert/preconception/gettingpregnant/7102.html

If you need anything else please feel free to ask. If you found this helpful don’t forget to click the *accept* button!

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
What is the chance if a girl getting pregnant if the condom
What is the chance if a girl getting pregnant if the condom broke but she took two tests and they came back negative… read more
Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar
Physician,
M.B.B.S
My girlfriend is 5 week and 3 days pregnant. I am told that
My girlfriend is 5 week and 3 days pregnant. I am told that the fetus in really 3 weeks and 3 days. Do I count back 5 weeks and 3 days or 3 weeks and 3 days to determine the date of conception?… read more
Smoore
Smoore
Just Answer expert,
On july 13th 07 girl friend had a fling on july 24 07 took a
on july 13th 07 girl friend had a fling on july 24 07 took a preg test was neg then had period july 27th 07 then one day after took another test was neg.then we were together aug 4th 07 an the 8th an … read more
Lindie
Lindie
Healthcare Expert,
Stop searching for answers—
My girlfriend and I broke up in August and she had sex with
My girlfriend and I broke up in August and she had sex with this guy in August she said the condom broke then and she thought she was pregnant by him well she took some tests and they all where negati… read more
Lindie
Lindie
Healthcare Expert,
My ex-girlfriend just told me that she is pregnant. I
My ex-girlfriend just told me that she is pregnant. I stopped by her house, and she has a bunch of used tampon wrappers in her trash can. Also, she has taken her birth control pills up through today (… read more
Schuyler - ANP
Schuyler - ANP
Ok.. i saw my girlfriend in the time of feb 24th til march
ok.. i saw my girlfriend in the time of feb 24th til march 3rd. I was trying to get her pregnant. We assume that she is. But then weeks later she started bleeding. she thought she might had a misacarr… read more
PaulaNP
PaulaNP
Advance Practice Nurse,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My girlfiend is preg shes 21 weeks and 4 days she went to
my girlfiend is preg shes 21 weeks and 4 days she went to the doctor 2day and they said she was measuring more closer to 24 weeks if she really is 24 weeks what would her due date be?and what does it … read more
Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie
nurse, midwife, etc etc,
My son's girlfriend is pregnant. They had intercourse on
My son's girlfriend is pregnant. They had intercourse on February 17. She should have been starting her period at that time or within a few days (Feb 19th or 20th). She did not get her period and went… read more
Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal
Physician,
I have had pap smears done and nothing shows why i dont have
i have had pap smears done and nothing shows why i dont have a period. All the levels are in range but i am overweight and have had diabetes with insulin for two years now.… read more
Doctor_Shiv(M.D)
Doctor_Shiv(M.D)
Doctor,
Master Degree
My girlfriend use to take a hormone pill because she use to
my girlfriend use to take a hormone pill because she use to get her period 2 a month.She stopped it one month ago and her period was due yesterday.We had unprotected sex a couple of times but i never … read more
Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal
Physician,
If I had sex with a woman, and she had her period 5 days
If I had sex with a woman, and she had her period 5 days later...and then calls me up and tells me she's pregnant. Is that possible ? Because she had her period after we had sex wouldnt be impossible … read more
Dr Amit Munjal
Dr Amit Munjal
Physician,
I'm in the military and had to go away for 3 weeks on a
I'm in the military and had to go away for 3 weeks on a mission. While I was gone my wife had an affair. We worked through the issue and are still together but just found out that she is pregnant. My … read more
Doctor (MD),
Stop searching for answers—
How likely is it that a woman have her period once right
How likely is it that a woman have her period once right after conception and still be pregnant? Would that be considered a miscarriage or that she is not pregnant?… read more
V. Yetimyan   M.D.
V. Yetimyan M.D.
Physician,
This is a complex question so I hope I state it correctly.
This is a complex question so I hope I state it correctly. My girlfriend and I recently got back together after spending time away from each other. Meaning she was with another man 1 time before we go… read more
EsquireEmily
EsquireEmily
Lawyer,
Me and my girlfriend had intercouse two weeks before i left
me and my girlfriend had sexual intercouse two weeks before i left for basic training in Feburary now she is saying that in April she became pregnant and is now three months pregnant… read more
Linda
Linda
Retired RN,
Bachelor Degree
I have a two part question: How can the sperm in semen live
I have a two part question: How long can the sperm in semen live outside the body, when exposed to about 60 degree air? Do you think a 55 year old woman, who is not on fertility treatment, can get pre… read more
Deborah
Deborah
Nurse Practitioner ,
Can a woman see their period if see is pregnant.even if see
can a woman see their period if see is pregnant.even if see got her period 2days after conception… read more
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta
Doctor (MD),
My girlfriend went to the doctor on august 29th and found
my girlfriend went to the doctor on august 29th and found out that she was exactly 10 weeks pregnant(june20th) yet she says she had a period on june 26th-27th, is this possible if shes been pregnant s… read more
Lindie
Lindie
Healthcare Expert,