GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

New Garmin s20 won't turn on. Just got it yesterday

Customer Question
New Garmin s20 won't...

New Garmin s20 won't turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any lights on your S20 when you try charging it? Does the screen change at all?

NO

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any damage to your GPS recently?

No, just got it yesterday

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: GPS
6/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 22 days ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Remove the charger from the GPS and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the unit.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
still not turning on.

Can you connect it please to the computer and tell me if the computer detects it?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
the computer detects it.

ok, now hold the power button for 30 seconds, does the screen now come on?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
no

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you