GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

My nuvi 2598LMTHD needs a new battery. will not hold a

Customer Question
My nuvi 2598LMTHD needs...

My nuvi 2598LMTHD needs a new battery. will not hold a charge. Can I get a battery and replace it? Will the battery eventually short out and the GPS will not work anymore?

Technician's Assistant: Did you try charging your Nuvi from a different power source (e.g. from a wall socket or from your computer)?

Yes, in fact it is plugged into an 120 source now.

Technician's Assistant: Are you using the charger that came with your GPS, or an aftermarket charger?

I have a 120 v to 13.5 vdc 1000mA.k

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: GPS
5/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 2 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Does the device still operate properly - when connected to the original vehicle power adapter?

2) The AGE of the device?

3) WHEN did this issue first begin (or was noticed)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

I would like to cancel and I'm out of time.

Hi again,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have NO ACCESS to or CONTROL of ANY of your private information or account - including "canceling".

If you do get some more time, simply return to this page and try to respond to my first questions and I may be able to provide an answer. I'm here almost every day to help..

Take Care, Greg A.

Hi again,
I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

IF you are still looking to replacing the battery in this unit, I have a couple of links below that show where you can get a battery "kit" (battery and tools to do the job) plus a video that shows the process.

Nuvi 2598LMT battery kit (search results - Amazon)
https://amzn.to/2LFjo2f

Nuvi 2598LMT battery Replacement video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVEKw9IQPl0

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)