GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Etrex 30 - screen goes blank after "loading maps". All well…

Customer Question
Etrex 30 - screen...

Etrex 30 - screen goes blank after "loading maps". All well until today until earlier I installed a new Uk map from Basecamp

Technician's Assistant: How old is your eTrex?

At least 5 years i think

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

Repeat switching it on, doing that now and screen went blank again. Plus also tried connecting to the desktop, to basecamp, but the computer does not recognise the presence of etrex, whereas it did earlier

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

I am now connecting to computer again, to see if this works this time

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GPS
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Please cancel my request for an answer

Try following these steps to master reset the device

1. Ensure the device is off
  2. Press and hold Menu and Enter*
  3. Press and release Light/Power
  4. Wait to see, Do you really want to erase all user data?
  5. Release Menu and Enter
  6. Select Yes

If you get stuck or run into any issues, or if this doesnt work let me know and I will continue working with you as needed. Thank you.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.