GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

We are going on a trip and need to do an update on our GPS.

Customer Question
We are going on...

We are going on a trip and need to do an update on our GPS. Could you lead me through it?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Lead?

I don't know what you mean...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Lead? What have you tried so far?

We have never updated our Garmin

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I need very specific instruction

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GPS
3/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 3 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Name & Number of the device you are working with?

2) Is the device still working well - with the current maps installed?

3) Do you have access to a computer with HIGH SPEED internet connection?

4) How long BEFORE you plan to travel (hours, days, etc.)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

Okay, the box says Garmin Nuvi52LM and the Garmin itself says140-01065- 10.
The device does work well the the original information it has. I do have a computer with high speed internet connection. We are leaving in the am.
Also, I found the number 010-N1115-01 and we are leaving in app 18 hours.

OK - since you have the box, I will also assume you have the USB cable that is used to connect the device to the computer.

So now what you will need is a program - called Garmin Express - to be installed on the computer and then run. Then you will want to connect the device to the computer so that the update(s) can take place.

Please note that the updates can take a LONG TIME - such as a hour or more. So make sure you have the device FULLY charged AND that if you are running a laptop computer, that it is ALSO fully charged AND connected to AC power.

So to START this process, go to the the following link, watch the video that is on that page, and then download and install Garmin Express on the computer.

Click Here --> https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/

NOTE: When prompted to "register" the device, you do NOT have to do that immediately.

Please give that a try and let me know your results.

Thanks, ***** *****