GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

Trying to up date the maps on a nuvi 1350. I see the icon…

Customer Question
Trying to up date...

Trying to up date the maps on a nuvi 1350. I see the icon showing the PC connected to the 1350 but I am not getting any up dates.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Nuvi?

2012

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Garmin?

I have the cable hhoekd up to the OC I show the picture of a PC hooked up to a Garmin unit. What do I do now?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GPS
3/24/2018
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What type of computer (Windows, Mac, etc.) is the device connected to?

2) Does the computer "see" the device when connected (usually as a "removable" device)?

3) Does the device still operate well - with the current maps installed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

This for free MAPS................................I THINK NOT.
I have no intention of paying for free maps. GARMIN LIES.

Just in case you were not aware, you have asked your question on JustAnswer.com - a paid support service. It is NOT free help.
Typically there is a $5 deposit - to POST your question - plus an agreed upon amount, with the total balance paid upon receiving an answer.

Now that you have that information, please let me know if you want to continue with this help - or not.

Thanks

Do not continue.

Thanks for that update.

BTW - We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have NO access to ANY of your private information or account.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" link that is on almost every page of the site.

Please let me know if you have any more questions - about your device - now or in the future.

Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.

Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi - this is Russell H., Expert at JustAnswer.com.

When dealing with an update for your Garmin device, it is best to simply download, install, and use Garmin Express.

Go to

http://software.garmin.com/en-GB/express.html

and (if you have a Windows PC) click on the big blue Download button at center bottom of the page.

(If you have an Apple, click on the nearby Download for Mac link.)

And download Garmin Express' installer to your computer, save it, then double-click upon it to install Garmin Express.
Then start the program, Garmin Express. Then connect your Garmin device. Then use Garmin Express to update your device. That should get the free map updates onto your Garmin device.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.