GPS

GPS repair problems? Ask a GPS technician for answers ASAP

I have updated the soft & maps many times over the years.

Hi Steve! I have...

Hi Steve! I have updated the soft & maps many times over the years. Now I tried to do it and, connect the NUVI2460 to the laptop, the computer does not recognize it, therefore, does not appears in the Nuvi the picture showing the connection, nor it sound in the laptom when connecting and does not appears in the dispositives. The GExpress shows "Not Connected". Can you help me please? Many thans. Carlos

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your laptop?

Hi Pearl, sorry I got the prevous name...

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

I have it connected with cable

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

When connected it turns on in the usual GPS mode, not in the 'connected" mode Thanks

3/21/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please continue. Thanks! Carlos
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The AGE of the device?

2) Do you have a DIFFERENT USB cable - for connecting to the computer and device? If so, please TRY using a different cable and let me know IF the device appears on the COMPUTER SCREEN - when connected (please WAIT at least 30-60 seconds for the device to appear).

3) IF you have a DIFFERENT computer that can be connected to, that would another thing to try. NOTE: You should NOT have to install any Garmin software for the device to be seen by the computer.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone for this question.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.
Thanks

(im)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Greg! I already did all you explained above (change cables, use other computer..) I even connected my older Garmin and it worked perfectly. It looks to me that the problem is that the Garmin is NOT recognizing that it is connected to a computer and do not change to "connected mode" (does not show the computer and cable drawing in its screen) . When connected it charges. It does not appears in the "This PC" window neither in the "disconnect device" option. The Garmin is 4-5 years old. I have updated software and maps many times before.Thanks your help!

Hi again and thanks for that detailed report of what has been tried - especially about a DIFFERENT device working - with the same computer and USB cable.

So what I now suspect has happened is that the USB connector - AT the back of the device - has somehow become "damaged" to the point where the "data" pins of the USB connection are not making good consistent contact to the main board.

Please look at the following link for a DETAILED article that explains how this happens - and why. There are even close-up photos of when this happens.

>> Click Here for Article <<

So what this means is that the device will need to either have that USB connector repaired or replaced, or the device will have to be replaced as a whole unit.

If you can send it in to the folks that operate the service where that article is posted, they should be able to do the repair for you.

Sorry if this is disappointing news, but I highly suspect this is the real issue happening.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Many thanks Greg! Very useful. Certainly will rate you *****

You're quite welcome and thanks for the kind words.

Please let me know if you have any similar issues in the future.

Take Care & Travel Safe, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer